Skip to content
How to make kitchari:
- Wash half cup of rice and yellow moong dal at least twice or until water runs clear. Soak in filtered water overnight (or minimum of two hours). Drain soaking water.
- In a small saucepan, add rice and moong dal, any one pack of Kitchari Spice Mix and 1 3/4 cups of water. Stir well and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and preferred consistency. Add more water if needed during cooking.
- When Kitchari is just about done cooking, add 2 teaspoons of ghee or coconut oil. Mix well.
- Let Kitchari cool for a few minutes. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Enjoy with Inner Flame Coconut Chutney
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.