Limit one per customer. Free shipping.
We will send you:
- One North Indian style kitchari spice pack
- One South Indian style kitchari spice pack
- One recipe card to try our kitchari spice mixes
Also try our Indian Magic Mix sample pack
Kitchari Spice Mix Ingredients:
North Indian Kitchari Spice Mix: Cumin*, Coriander*, Turmeric*, Gluten Free Asafoetida*, Ginger*, Rock Salt*, Black Pepper*, Clove*, Dried Curry Leaf*, Cardamom*, Cinnamon* *ORGANIC
South Indian Kitchari Spice Mix: Cumin*, Gluten Free Asafoetida*, Ginger*, Rock Salt*, Black Pepper*, Dried Curry Leaf* *ORGANIC
- Wash half cup of rice and yellow moong dal at least twice or until water runs clear. Soak in filtered water overnight (or minimum of two hours). Drain soaking water.
- In a small saucepan, add rice and moong dal, any one pack of Kitchari Spice Mix and 1 3/4 cups of water. Stir well and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and preferred consistency. Add more water if needed during cooking.
- When Kitchari is just about done cooking, add 2 teaspoons of ghee or coconut oil. Mix well.
- Let Kitchari cool for a few minutes. Garnish with cilantro if desired.